Information for Parents
Role of the Parent
Perth & District Little League encourages the active participation of parents. To assist the program, we ask parents to please:
- Support their child(ren) by practising with him / her & coming to as many games as possible.
- Applaud successes & do not dwell on mistakes.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship towards coaches, officials & players from all teams at all times.
- Make every effort to see that their child(ren) goes to every practise & game. Notify the coach if the player cannot attend.
- Volunteer to coach, help coach(es) or assist in other ways.
- I will remember that every child has the opportunity to participate in sports regardless of ability level.
- I will place the emotional & physical well being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will lead, by example, in demonstrating good sportsmanship to my child.
- I will remember that coaches are volunteers & committed to the program because they enjoy the sport &
enjoy working with children.
- I will remember that all youth, parents, coaches, officials & town of Perth recreation staff are to be
treated with dignity.
- I will remember the program philosophy, the league is recreation oriented & intended for participation to
play in a relaxed, friendly & learning atmosphere.
- I will remember that I am a parent and the games are for the children.
Code of Conduct for Parents
Perth Little League has established Codes of Conduct for all Coaches, Players, Parents and Spectators to follow in orderto make baseball fun and memorable for all. Foul language or taunting at any level by the players, parents, managers, or coaches will not be tolerated. Any spectator, player, manager or coach that is warned is subject to being ejected from the premises and banned from the complex for additional games. Please read the codes of conduct outlined below:
- I will remember that my child plays for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will always encourage my child to play by the rules.
- I will always encourage my child to respect the coaches, their teammates and the umpires.
- I will never criticize umpire’s judgment or direct negative comments towards them.
- I will not be a “Grand Stand” Manager during games or practices.
- I will always address any questions or concerns to the Coaching staff at the appropriate time, defined as
after games or practices and away from the players.
- I will do my best to be a supportive, involved parent without interfering with the operation of the team.
- I realize that I have enrolled my child to have fun, develop their baseball skills and have a positive team
experience and will do my best to support these objectives.
- I understand that the game of baseball is very difficult to learn and play.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud the good plays by both my child’s team
and their opponents.
- I will teach my child that trying their hardest despite the score or situation is extremely important.
- I understand that the goals of playing Perth Little League House League are to have fun, develop my child’s
baseball skills and create team spirit.
- I understand that MY not abiding by the guidelines of this Parents Code of Conduct or by displaying any other
inappropriate conduct will result in my being asked to leave the ball park and may possibly result in my child not playing.